Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Color Green

she asked “the color green..

to you what does it mean?”

ohh honey honey

it’s the color of money

freshly minted bills of green

spell success I said with a gleam


“oh do they?? she said

what about the weeping willows on our river bed?”


they are fine as they are

they don’t put food in my belly or gas in my car

I will have them cut and get the woods clean

And I will bring in bundles of a different green


“They have been here for many generation”

She said with a horrified expression


And they did what good?

Cut them down I definitely would

There’s only one color green my honey

And thats the color of money!!

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger NonsSens said...

No comments for this one???? Very, very strange....even when I'd read it in Klash, I'd loved it - now re reading it, I love it still. Its just so well written.......and the constant tussle between letting nature be & human greed just trying to use up nature's bounty has been well brought out by you.
Loved the way you summed it up "Its all about money honey"....the irony is very, very well depicted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home